NTT Senior Distinguished Researcher
William John Munro
NTT Basic Research Laboratories
[ Date of designation ] April 1, 2016
- 2002 Chartered Physicist of the Institute of Physics (UK)
- 2009 Fellow of the Institute of Physics (UK) "For achievements in quantum optics and quantum information scicence"
- 2013 Fellow of the American Physical Society 'For extensive contributions to applied quantum information'
- 2015 Fellow of the Optical Society of America 'For achievements in optics and photonics, as a key bridge between academia and industry in the optical quantum information field'
- Series Editor, Springer Graduate Texts in Physics (2014 – )
- Reviewfs Editor, EPJ Quantum Technology - Springer (2014 – )
- Editorial Board - Physical Review A (2013 - 2019)
- Editorial Board - Quantum Technology - Springer (2013 – )
- 2014 Program Chair, The Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics/International Quantum Electronics (CA, USA, 2014)
- 2016 General Chair, The Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics/International Quantum Electronics (CA, USA, 2016)
- The National Institute of Informatics (Tokyo, Japan), Visiting Professor (April 2006 – )
- The University of Leeds (UK), Visiting Professor (October 2009 – )
- The University of Queensland (Australia), Adjunct Professor (2012 – )
- Advisory Board - Doctoral Training Center for Quantum Control, Imperial College (2014 – )
- Advisory Board - Building Large Quantum States Out of Light, Oxford University & Imperial College (2014 – )
- Advisory Board - EPSRC Quantum Communications Hub, University of York(2015 – )
Details of your achievements