- Released NTT exhibition map
- Released a teaser movie for MWC19
- Press Release (Exhibiting at the World's Largest Mobile Related Trade Show, MWC19 Barcelona)
Exhibiting at the World's Largest Mobile Related Trade Show, MWC19 Barcelona
We will introduce representative and forward-looking examples of digital transformation that make use of AI and IoT which the NTT Group is deploying globally (examples from various industry fields in preparation for smart world). Through our exhibits, including 5G Cyber Jam Session, we will show off the advantages of 5G, such as high data rates/high capacity, low latency, and massive connection density, which we are aiming to make commercially available in Japan in 2020.
We show high capability of data center services connecting the massive data seamlessly across the globe.
- Roll out worldwide of the Innovation Lab that propels the building of ICT infrastructure environments essential for high performance processing. A water cooling rack is a real example of our high technology.
- AR capabilities let you dive into one of our Innovation Labs and shows how it can support you developing, testing and validating disruptive technologies such as Cloud, AI, Blockchain, etc. in an ecosystem with more than 115 partners and startups globally.
- Visit Amsterdam 1, NTT's latest European Data Center in an innovative and immersive way, with a compelling visual experience that reaches beyond the boundaries of imagination, leaving a positive and lasting impact.
High quality in-car communication and voice command using NTT's Intelligent Microphone technology.
Complete on a 1km ride and see how your data compares to the participant next to you. Your speed, power, cadence and heart rate data will be displayed live. The top speeds will be converted to - amounts and donated to African charity Qhubeka - who aim to mobilise people and enrich lives with bicylces.
- ABC: Automated Border Control
- AI Baggage Inspection
- Indoor Navigation using geomagnetism
- AW3D | Global High-Resolution 3D Map
Forward-thinking examples of AI baggage inspections, Border controls using facial recognition technology, Indoor Navigation with geomagnetic and the 3D map using satellite imageries (AW3D).
Real-time performance by virtual, on-stage, and distant band members.
Innovative solution to enable advanced medical treatment in diverse environments.
AR (Augmented Reality) sports viewing platform based on cloud computing.
5G-enabled remote machinery operation and IOT-based site management to realize a safer, more productive worksite.
5G initiatives and technologies
An eye-catching world map is shown on a huge, wide, rectangular display. Visitors operate their tablet PCs to pop up windows that attract with displays of NTT Group's global coverage status and prowess in supporting technological solutions.
Ultra-Realistic spectator experience by "Kirari!" technology that synthesize multiple 4K movies and synchronously transmits in real-time, and "Hidden Stereo" technique to synthesize 2D-3D compatible stereo images.
A completely new computer that uses the properties of light.
LASOLV delivers the best solution among a large number of possible choices.
NTT's efforts to realize a world where everyone can benefit from technology in a world where diverse people live. The key word is "NATURAL".
to the Smart World
- Public Safety
- Public safety solution for Las Vegas, real-time people tracking system jointly developed with Panasonic
- Smart Mobility
- Technology that supports optimal guidance by grasping and predicting the cross-sectional flow of people and transportation at major events, MaaS (Mobility as a Service) image that provides optimal guidance by combining multiple transportation system developed as a result of such technology, and a demonstration of an enhanced in-vehicle communication system
- Forward-thinking examples of AI baggage inspections, Border controls using facial recognition technology, Indoor Navigation with geomagnetic and the 3D map using satellite imageries (AW3D).
- Initiatives that aim for efficient and sustainable plant factories through using machine learning based on experienced farmers' know-how
- Technology that enables long-distance transmission while maintaining quality applied to advanced laser processing by integrating NTT's photonic crystal optical fiber technology with Mitsubishi Heavy Industry's high-power laser processing technology, and smart technology for factories that reduces downtime
5G Cyber Jam Session
- Real-time performance by virtual, on-stage, and distant band members
Mobile SCOT (Smart Cyber Operating Theater) Realized by 5G
- Innovative solution to enable advanced medical treatment in diverse environments
- AR sports viewing platform based on cloud computing
Smart Construction Powered by 5G & IoT
- 5G-enabled remote machinery operation and IOT-based site management to realize a safer, more productive worksite
- 5G initiatives and technologies
R&D / others
- Demonstration of the concept of LASOLV, a new computer solving intractable problems by using the properties of light
- Demonstration of a concept to achieve a world in which people are capable of natural interaction in harmony with the environment
- Demonstration of a new sports spectator experience using surround video synthesis transmission technology that synthesizes and synchronizes transmission of multiple 4K images in real time
- Introduction and demonstration of NTT Group's global coverage