Lossless coding technology to compress and decompress audio data quickly and completely
- Enables high-quality, high-presence video and music distribution as well as viewing and listening -
What it can do
Conforming to the built-in and mobile terminal profiles of MPEG-4 ALS, an MPEG international standard for lossless audio coding technology, this enables real-time coding and decoding using DSP or CPU for mobile terminals.
Image of lossless coding technology to compress and decompress audio data quickly and completely
How it works
- Enables real-time processing using built-in CPU thanks to a high-speed algorithm which has been researched for many years.
- The lossless audio signal compression coding/decoding supports real-time input/output of up to six channels.
MPEG-4 ALS-compliant codec library
- Use this technology for applications requiring high-quality sound, such as broadcasting live from concert halls and events.
- Incorporate this technology into portable music players to support High-Resolution Audio.
- Provide hardware to video and audio equipment manufacturers supporting High-Resolution Audio.
- Provide hardware to video and music distributors supporting High-Resolution Audio.
How to get
Software license [Provided in C language source code]
The code needs maintenance, such as addition of profiles, in response to modifications of the standard specifications of MPEG.
Other application technology