Optical connector technology for low-cost, low-power consumption optical interface devices
- Realizes small, ferrule-less, multi-core, high-precision connection -
What it can do
- Realizes optical connectors applicable to multi-channel optical modules (up to 48 cores).
- Enables high-density optical fiber arrangement, and thus smaller connectors.
- Enables adjacent arrangement of optical fibers and photodetectors, which reduces the power consumption of optical modules.
How it works
- Enables high-precision alignment of optical fibers by using micro holes for the connection of optical fibers and receptors.
- Physical contact technology utilizing the buckling force of optical fibers.
(b) Plugged in
Figure 1. Structure of SF connector optical interface
Before plug insertion
Plug is attached to receptacle
Plug is locked(completed connection)
Figure 2. Application example of SF connector optical interface (Parallel optical module)
Figures and tables
Figure 3(a). Basic structure of SF connector
Figure 3(b) Appearance of 16-fiber SF connector
Figure 4. Example of using the optical interface
(Appearance of 12-channel optical module)
Figure 5. An application example of SF connector optical interface
(12-channel optical module)
- Simplify inner optical wiring by multi-core connection requiring no fusion bonding.
- Development of compact and power-saving optical modules and devices using this optical interface
How to get
- Introduction of our licensed companies
- Our licensed companies' products are built-to-order; it takes time to deliver the products.