LICENSING POLICIES AND PROCEDURE
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "NTT") licenses the intellectual properties in its possession in accordance with the following policies.
- (1) NTT contributes to the revitalization of the telecommunications market and the value creation arise from ICT innovation with other market of the field, by promoting foundational research and development and the promulgation of their results.
- (2) NTT licenses its intellectual properties at any time based on appropriate remuneration in principle,* including research and development results essential to the interconnections of telecommunications networks.
- Some results from the research and development that are related to privacy or security protection may not be licensed.
- Depending on the phase of the research and development, immediate licensing may be difficult.
|Item for licensing
||Technology developed by NTT may be used for the manufacture, sale, and use of a product, among others.
||Software developed by NTT may be used for the manufacture, sale, and use of a product, among others.
|Object code and source code
||Software developed by NTT may be used for the manufacture, sale, and use of a product, among others, and the source code may also be viewed and modified.
||Domestic or foreign patent rights owned by NTT may be used for the manufacture, sale, and use of a product, among others.
*In the case of software
It may be possible to set a trial period for some software to be reviewed by the customer by providing the object code before the payment of a lump-sum payment and setting of a running royalty.
3.Licensing terms and conditions
- (1) Terms and conditions, such as the payment of a licensing fee and periodical reports on the relevant sales, shall be prescribed per case in a contract.
- (2) In addition to the above, an exclusive right may be granted or the title may be transferred if it is determined that the relevant intellectual property will be effectively utilized.
Licensing is executed according to the following procedure.
- ①Inquire of us for the desired technology.
- ②The target technology is specified through consultations with our representative.
- ③Submit a licensing application.
- ④⑤After successful conclusions of consultations on the terms and conditions, a contract is concluded.
- ⑥NTT will provide the technology (technical documents/software).
It takes about two to three months to process the application after "③ Submission of a licensing application."
(Please consult us on the desired period of licensing)
Please consult us first by the Contact Form.